Cumin-Scented Lentil and Rice Pilaf
- ACTIVE: 5 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Cryovaced cooked lentils come in blocks at many grocery stores. Try mixing them into fluffy rice for a satisfying meal.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Kosher salt
- One 17-ounce package cooked lentils (see Note)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, toast the cumin seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the rice, a pinch of salt and 1 1/2 cups of water and bring just to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the rice is just tender and the water is absorbed. Let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff the rice with a fork. Stir in the lentils, scallions, olive oil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.