© Phoebe Lapine
Cumin Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
To lighten up this salad even more, use nonfat Greek yogurt.
Slideshow: More Healthy Salads
- 1 small pumpkin (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12 ounces hearts of romaine, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the top and bottom off the pumpkin using a large chef’s knife. Halve lengthwise and scoop out the flesh and seeds with a spoon. Cut the cleaned pumpkin into 1/4-inch wedges.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the pumpkin wedges with 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Arrange in an even layer on the baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the wedges halfway through the cooking process, until they are browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor, puree the yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, remaining olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons water until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the romaine and cilantro dressing. Transfer the salad to a serving platter and top with the pumpkin wedges and pepitas.