- 1 head of cauliflower, separated into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped piquillo peppers (about 2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and cool under running water. Drain again and dry on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the shallots, vinegar and cumin. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower and peppers and toss. Transfer to a shallow dish and let marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours, turning the vegetables in the marinade. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The dish can be refrigerated for up to 2 days; the flavors will intensify as the cauliflower sits.