- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 pounds Swiss chard—stems thinly sliced, leaves cut into 1-inch ribbons
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
In a deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and red pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, 5 minutes. Add the chard and cook, stirring, until the leaves are wilted. Add the stock, cover and cook over high heat, stirring, until the stems are tender, 6 minutes. Swirl in the butter, season with salt and serve.
One Serving 138 cal, 12 gm fat, 2.2 gm sat fat, 8 gm carb, 3 gm fiber, 3 gm protein.