- 1 pound cucumbers—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped, plus cucumber spears for serving
- 10 small pepperoncini—4 stemmed, seeded and chopped, plus 1/4 cup of liquid from the jar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the chopped cucumbers with the chopped pepperoncini, the pickling liquid, 2 tablespoons of the dill, the yogurt and buttermilk until very smooth. Stir in the cumin and the remaining dill and season with salt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Serve each bowl with a whole pepperoncini and cucumber spears on the side.
The soup can also be served in cups, as in the recipe photo.