© Reed Davis
- SERVINGS: 4
Using a blender instead of a food processor makes this refreshing soup especially velvety and light. To chill it quickly, set the bowl in a larger bowl of ice water for about 30 minutes, stirring the soup occasionally.
- 4 large cucumbers (about 3 1/2 pounds)—peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (packed) watercress sprigs
- 10 dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- In a blender, puree the cucumbers, a handful at a time, until smooth. Add the watercress, 6 of the dill sprigs, the vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl and stir in the yogurt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Season with salt and pepper and pour into bowls. Garnish with the radishes, scallions and the remaining 4 dill sprigs. Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.
Make Ahead The soup can be refrigerated overnight. Garnish before serving.