- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and coarsely shredded
- 1 small tomato—halved, seeded and finely diced
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the cucumber and tomato in a fine strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Lightly press the cucumber-tomato mixture to release any excess liquid and transfer the mixture to a serving bowl; discard the liquid. Stir in the yogurt, sour cream, minced jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of chopped mint and the lemon juice and cumin. Season the raita with salt, garnish with chopped mint and serve.
Make Ahead The raita can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve With Crisp Indian-Spiced Chicken with Cucumber-Tomato Raita.