- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and coarsely shredded
- 1 small tomato—halved, seeded and finely diced
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the cucumber and tomato in a fine strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Lightly press the cucumber-tomato mixture to release any excess liquid and transfer the mixture to a serving bowl; discard the liquid. Stir in the yogurt, sour cream, minced jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of chopped mint and the lemon juice and cumin. Season the raita with salt, garnish with chopped mint and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.