Cucumber Soup with Seared Tuna Tartare
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 large European cucumber—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped, 1 tablespoon finely diced
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1/2-pound tuna steak
- 3 tablespoons finely diced tomato
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- In a blender, puree the coarsely chopped cucumber with the yogurt, water, curry, cayenne and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the tuna and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, turning once; cut into 1/4-inch dice. Toss with the diced cucumber, tomato, shallot, chives, parsley, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour the soup into bowls, top with the tuna and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.