- 1 large European cucumber—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped, 1 tablespoon finely diced
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1/2-pound tuna steak
- 3 tablespoons finely diced tomato
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the coarsely chopped cucumber with the yogurt, water, curry, cayenne and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper and refrigerate.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the tuna and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, turning once; cut into 1/4-inch dice. Toss with the diced cucumber, tomato, shallot, chives, parsley, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour the soup into bowls, top with the tuna and serve.
One Serving 136 cal, 4.6 gm fat, 0.9 gm saturated fat, 8 gm carb, 1 gm fiber.