- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: About 2 cups
This recipe has been adapted from The Soul of a New Cuisine.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile—seeds and ribs removed, chile finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 large cucumber—peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, shallot, chile, ginger, lime juice and mint and mix well. Add the cucumber and toss well. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.