- 2 medium European cucumbers—peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss the cucumbers with the salt and let stand for 1 hour. Rinse the cucumbers and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the shallots, mint, lemon juice and zest and a generous pinch of pepper. Add the cucumbers, toss to coat and refrigerate for 4 hours. Stir the salad just before serving.
The cucumber salad can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours.