Cucumber-Radish Salad with Crème Fraîche, Dill and Mint
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
“There is an unspoken Hungarian philosophy that if something tastes good, it probably tastes better with sour cream,” Sarah Copeland says. For this cucumber salad, she uses sour cream's more elegant cousin, crème fraîche.
- 1 1/2 pounds small cucumbers, peeled if the skin is thick
- Sea salt
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 8 ounces crème fraîche (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- Shredded mint leaves, for garnish
- Slice most of the cucumbers 1/4 inch thick and cut a few of them into spears. In a colander, season the cucumbers with salt, top with a small plate and let stand for 1 hour. Press gently to remove some of the liquid, then rinse the cucumbers quickly in cold water. Pat dry and transfer to a bowl. Add the radishes, garlic, vinegar, crème fraîche and dill and season with pepper. Refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes, until chilled. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.