Sweet Fennel Salt
- 2 tablespoons ground fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 8 ounces gin
- 2 cups chilled chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 cups chilled chopped honeydew melon
- 6 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- 5 cups ice
- Cucumber wheels and honeydew melon balls, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the kosher salt, sugar and ground fennel seeds.
- Moisten half of the outer rim of 6 chilled white wine glasses with the lime wedge and coat lightly with the sweet fennel salt.
- In a blender, combine all of the remaining ingredients except the garnishes and blend until smooth. Pour the drink into the glasses. Garnish the drinks with the cucumber wheels and honeydew melon balls.