© Kana Okada
Cucumber-Grapefruit Crab Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Sandro Gamba uses nonfat yogurt in many of his sauces and salad dressings. Here he mixes it with succulent Dungeness crab, a high-protein seafood that's also high in iron and zinc.
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 pound Dungeness crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 seedless cucumber—peeled and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 pink grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the lime juice, lime zest, oil and a few dashes of Tabasco. Season with salt and white pepper. Place the crab in a bowl and fold in 3 tablespoons of the yogurt dressing.
- Stir the vinegar into the remaining yogurt dressing. Fold in the cucumber, grapefruit and edamame. Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the crab and serve.
Notes One Serving 195 cal, 8 gm fat, 1.1 gm sat fat, 14 gm carb, 3.6 gm fiber.