Cucumber-Grapefruit Crab Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Sandro Gamba uses nonfat yogurt in many of his sauces and salad dressings. Here he mixes it with succulent Dungeness crab, a high-protein seafood that's also high in iron and zinc.
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 pound Dungeness crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 seedless cucumber—peeled and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 pink grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the lime juice, lime zest, oil and a few dashes of Tabasco. Season with salt and white pepper. Place the crab in a bowl and fold in 3 tablespoons of the yogurt dressing.
- Stir the vinegar into the remaining yogurt dressing. Fold in the cucumber, grapefruit and edamame. Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the crab and serve.