Cucumber Fried Rice
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Instead of the usual stir-fried rice, this one uses cucumbers, salami, arugula and chiles in a spicy, fresh and meaty combination.
- 4 Persian or Kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Thai chile or serrano, minced
- 3 ounces arugula, chopped (4 cups)
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss the cucumbers with the 2 teaspoons of salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse well and squeeze dry. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the cucumbers, garlic and salami and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice, scallions, chile and arugula; season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until the rice is hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.