Cucumber-Fennel Salad with Herbed Goat Yogurt
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 to 10
Star chef and Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio is crazy about Catapano Dairy Farm in Peconic, Long Island. The five-acre property has 95 or so milking goats, which generate about 60 pounds of cheese and yogurt on any given day. Capatano's fresh and aged cheeses are excellent, but Colicchio's favorite is the creamy, superbly tangy and slightly funky goat yogurt, which he uses for this supremely simple and delicious salad.
- 1 cup plain whole-milk goat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 English cucumbers—halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 2 fennel bulbs—halved lengthwise, cored and very thinly sliced
- 7 small celery ribs, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, preferably red
- In a large bowl, whisk the goat yogurt with the white wine vinegar, parsley and chives. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Fold in the sliced cucumbers, fennel, celery and scallions, season the salad with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.