© Guy Ambrosino
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 1/2 cups
This yogurt dip is incredibly versatile—serve it with toasted pita wedges as an appetizer, or pair it with grilled lamb, chicken, fish or vegetables.
Slideshow: More Mediterranean Recipes
- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Toasted pita or pita chips, for serving
- Stir together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and dill in a medium bowl. Season with the salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Before serving, garnish with more fresh dill and serve with toasted pita.
Make Ahead The tzatziki can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container (the garlic will become more pronounced the longer it sits).