- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Toasted pita or pita chips, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Stir together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and dill in a medium bowl. Season with the salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Before serving, garnish with more fresh dill and serve with toasted pita.
The tzatziki can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container (the garlic will become more pronounced the longer it sits).