- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
To make this refreshing riff on a martini, chef Laurent Tourondel muddles basil and cucumber the same way he'd mash the ingredients for a mojito; then he pours in gin and a zingy mixture of ginger syrup and lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- One 3-inch piece of cucumberpeeled, seeded and diced, plus 1 round for garnish
- 3 basil leaves, 2 torn
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the hot water. Press the grated ginger through a fine strainer set over the bowl, releasing the juice.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the diced cucumber with the 2 torn basil leaves. Add the ginger syrup, gin, lime juice and a handful of ice. Shake well, then strain into a martini glass. Garnish the martini with the cucumber slice and the remaining whole basil leaf and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.