© John Kernick
Cucumber-Basil Ice Cubes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 30 ice cubes
Lovely and cooling, these flavored, emerald-toned ice cubes are great in sparkling water, lemonade or a Bloody Mary.
Slideshow: Beautiful Cocktails
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Persian cucumber
- 3/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves, torn
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- In a blender, puree the cucumber, basil, serrano chile, brown sugar and 3/4 teaspoon of salt with 3 cups of water. Strain through a fine sieve into 2 standard ice cube trays and freeze for at least 3 hours.