- 3 Kirby cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 small dried red chile, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, basil, tarragon, chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One 8-ounce piece of burrata or fresh buffalo mozzarella, quartered
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the cucumbers, garlic, chile, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Seal and shake the bag, squeezing slightly to mash the cucumbers and release the juices. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drain the cucumbers, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cucumber juice. Discard the garlic and chile. In a medium bowl, whisk the cucumber juice with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the cucumbers, sliced radishes and herbs and season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salad on plates. Place a piece of burrata or buffalo mozzarella alongside each serving, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and serve.
Bright, citrusy Chilean rosé.