- 3 Kirby cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 small dried red chile, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, basil, tarragon, chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One 8-ounce piece of burrata or fresh buffalo mozzarella, quartered
How to make this recipe
In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the cucumbers, garlic, chile, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Seal and shake the bag, squeezing slightly to mash the cucumbers and release the juices. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Drain the cucumbers, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cucumber juice. Discard the garlic and chile. In a medium bowl, whisk the cucumber juice with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the cucumbers, sliced radishes and herbs and season the salad with salt and pepper.
Arrange the salad on plates. Place a piece of burrata or buffalo mozzarella alongside each serving, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and serve.
Bright, citrusy Chilean rosé.