- 1 1/2 pounds cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon minced and seeded red chile
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup chive flowers, pulled apart
- 1 cup torn nasturtium flowers
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves and flowers
- 2 tablespoons small spearmint leaves and flowers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, toss the cucumbers with the chile and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the chive flowers, nasturtiums, basil, spearmint, lemon juice, olive oil and lemon zest. Season with salt and serve.
Grilled fish, chicken or thick slices of peasant bread.