© Stephanie Foley
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Ricotta Crostini
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Michael White's fennel-and-asparagus salad at variety of herbs, including chervil and lemon balm, but it's equally delightful here made with just basil and tarragon.
More Great Salads
- 6 slices of rustic white bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 large carrot, finely julienned
- 1/2 small seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped tarragon
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the bread on both sides with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from the heat for about 1 minute per side, until golden. Lightly rub the cut sides of the garlic over the toasts and spread with the ricotta. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the white balsamic vinegar with the Dijon mustard and the 1/4 cup of olive oil; season with salt and black pepper. Add the radishes, fennel, asparagus, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, basil and tarragon and toss gently to coat. Serve the salad right away with the crostini.
NotesOne serving 260 cal, 25 gm carb, 16 gm fat, 5 gm sat fat, 8 gm protein, 3 gm fiber.