Crunchy Pork Kimchi Burgers
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup finely chopped kimchi
- Kosher salt
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs), lightly crushed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Two 5-ounce bags baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, scallions, pork and kimchi with 1 teaspoon of salt. Form the mixture into eight 3-inch patties, 1/2 inch thick. Dust the patties with flour.
- Put the eggs and panko in 2 shallow bowls. Dip the patties in the egg and then in the panko, pressing to help the crumbs adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil. Add the patties and fry over moderate heat, turning, until golden and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil in the skillet. Add the spinach in batches, season with salt and cook over high heat until wilted, about 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mound the spinach on plates and top with the burgers. Drizzle with the sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Juicy Spanish rosé.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.