- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened large coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted shelled pistachios
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ice cream, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, gently toss the cornflakes with the coconut and nuts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the corn syrup at high heat until steaming, about 30 seconds. Gently fold the corn syrup, turbinado sugar and salt into the cornflake mixture. Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes, rotating the sheet once during baking. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Break into pieces and serve over ice cream.
The topping can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.