- 8 anchovy fillets, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound green cabbage, finely shredded (4 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 pound red cabbage, finely shredded (4 1/2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, mash the anchovies and garlic to a paste. Mash in the white wine vinegar, then slowly blend in the vegetable oil. Fold in the green and red cabbages and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or lightly chilled.