- 6 small kirby or Japanese cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
- 4 medium carrots, halved crosswise and sliced into 1/4-inch sticks
- 3 medium fennel bulbs—halved lengthwise, cored and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large bunch of radishes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 1/2 cups green olives, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure chile powder, such as guajillo or Colorado
- Key limes, halved (see Note)
How to make this recipe
Arrange the vegetables and olives on a platter. In a small bowl, combine the salt with the chile powder. Dip a lime half in the chile salt and dab the vegetables with it; squeeze the juice over the vegetables. Serve with the remaining lime halves and with the remaining chile salt in a dipping bowl.
The vegetables can be covered and refrigerated for several hours. Season just before serving.
If using Persian limes, cut one in half and the other in wedges.