© Fredrika Stjärne
Cristina's Famous Nuts
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
Cristina Salas-Porras tosses assorted nuts with sage and rosemary and bakes them for a long time at a low temperature; they come out perfectly crisp. No wonder she’s famous for them.
Slideshow: Delicious Cocktail Party Recipes
- 4 cups mixed raw nuts, such as pecans, walnuts, almonds and cashews
- 32 sage leaves, torn into large pieces
- One 8-inch rosemary sprig, leaves stripped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the mixed nuts with the sage, rosemary and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the nuts in an even layer. Bake for 3 hours; the nuts should not be browned. Let the nuts cool on the baking sheet until they are crisp, then transfer them to a bowl and serve.
Make Ahead The nuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.