- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko
- One 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and sliced 1 inch thick
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger with the scallion, vinegar and 1/3 cup of the oil; season the vinaigrette with salt.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl. Spread the panko on a plate. Dip the tofu slices in the egg, then coat in the panko. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1/3 cup of oil. Fry the tofu over moderate heat, turning, until golden and crispy, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and serve with the ginger vinaigrette.
Pair with a vivid Alsace Pinot Gris.