- 7 ounces unsweetened shredded wheat cereal, crushed (3 cups)
- unsweetened shredded wheat cereal
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 7 tablespoons canola oil
- Four 1/2-inch-thick boneless rib pork chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Set a rack over a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded wheat, 2 teaspoons of salt, all the spices and 5 tablespoons of oil. Mix well and transfer to a resealable plastic bag.
- Rub the pork all over with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; season lightly with salt and pepper. Put each slice of pork in the bag; shake to evenly coat and press to help the crumbs adhere. Transfer to the rack.
- Bake the chops for about 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
The shredded wheat coating can be refrigerated overnight.
Wine: Fruit-forward Cal-Italian red.