Crispy Quinoa Sliders
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 12 sliders
These crispy, light little patties are fantastic as mini vegetarian burgers, but they'd be great served alongside a salad as well.
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- Two 1-inch-thick slices of wheat bread, crusts removed and bread cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Mini burger buns, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and pickles, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, cook the quinoa in boiling water until just tender, 10 minutes. Drain and spread on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse the bread until coarse crumbs form; you should have about 1 cup. In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Squeeze the liquid from the zucchini and add the zucchini to the eggs. Stir in the cheese, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix in the quinoa and bread crumbs. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop 12 mounds and form each one into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add 6 patties and cook until golden on the bottom, 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the skillet, flip the patties and cook for 3 minutes, until crisp. Repeat with the remaining patties and oil. Serve with buns, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and pickles.
Lively Italian white.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.