- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium onions
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Using a food processor or a box grater, coarsely shred the potatoes and onions. Transfer them to a colander and squeeze dry. In a large bowl, mix the potatoes and onions with the eggs, flour and salt.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil until shimmering. Working in batches, drop rounded tablespoons of the potato mixture into the skillet, pressing lightly to flatten them. Cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat if the latkes brown too quickly. Drain the latkes on paper towels and serve right away.
The fried potato latkes can be held at room temperature for up to 3 hours. Reheat on a large rimmed baking sheet in a 350° oven before serving.