Crispy Polenta Bites with Arugula Tapenade
- TOTAL TIME: 7 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Instead of using polenta as a side dish, turn it into crouton-like hors d'oeuvres like these, which get piled with a crunchy arugula-and-radish tapenade.
- One 16-ounce log of prepared polenta, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 3 radishes, very thinly sliced
- Trim the polenta’s rounded edges to create a rectangle; halve lengthwise. Spread the panko on a plate. Press both sides of the polenta in the panko to coat. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook the polenta until crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side; add 1 tablespoon of the oil after flipping.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil with the lemon juice, arugula and olives. Season with salt and black pepper and toss.
- Cut the polenta into 16 pieces. Top with the radishes and arugula tapenade.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.