Crispy Pizza Dough
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 pound dough
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the water with the yeast and sugar and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the 2 cups of flour and the salt and stir until a raggy dough forms. Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil the bowl and return the dough to it; turn the dough to coat it with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm, draft-free spot until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down the dough and divide it into 4 balls.
Make AheadThe balls of dough can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated overnight or frozen for up to 1 month. Let the dough return to room temperature before rolling out.
Serve WithGaucho Pizzas