- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup fromage blanc (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 kaiser or whole wheat sesame-seed rolls, split
- Four 6-ounce skinless catfish fillets
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes, for serving
- In a small skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the panko crumbs and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until they're golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the Old Bay and transfer the toasted crumbs to a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the fromage blanc with the mustard, lemon juice, Tabasco, cornichons, parsley and tarragon and season the remoulade with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Oil the grates. Grill the rolls cut side down until lightly toasted. Transfer the rolls to plates and spread with the remoulade.
- Brush the fish with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning once, until the fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the fish to a plate. Press each fillet into the panko and transfer to a toasted roll. Top with lettuce and tomato, close the sandwiches and serve.
One serving 443 cal, 33 gm carb, 21 gm fat, 4.4 gm sat fat, 35 gm protein, 3 gm fiber.