- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup fromage blanc (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 kaiser or whole wheat sesame-seed rolls, split
- Four 6-ounce skinless catfish fillets
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the <em>panko</em> crumbs and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until they're golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the Old Bay and transfer the toasted crumbs to a plate.
In a small bowl, whisk the <em>fromage blanc</em> with the mustard, lemon juice, Tabasco, cornichons, parsley and tarragon and season the remoulade with salt and pepper.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Oil the grates. Grill the rolls cut side down until lightly toasted. Transfer the rolls to plates and spread with the remoulade.
Brush the fish with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning once, until the fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the fish to a plate. Press each fillet into the <em>panko</em> and transfer to a toasted roll. Top with lettuce and tomato, close the sandwiches and serve.
One serving 443 cal, 33 gm carb, 21 gm fat, 4.4 gm sat fat, 35 gm protein, 3 gm fiber.