Crispy Chocolate Cookies
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN Plus 2 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with both sugars and the cornmeal, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Add the butter and vanilla; pulse until the mixture resembles moist sand. Add the melted chocolate and pulse just until the dough comes together. Pat the dough into 2 disks, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out each dough disk 1/4 inch thick between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, stamp out cookies as close together as possible. Transfer the rounds to the prepared baking sheets 1 inch apart. Gather and reroll the scraps and stamp out more cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes, until the tops are firm. Let cool completely on the baking sheets before serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.