© Dave Lauridsen
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
To make these addictive snacks, chef Jason Travi tosses canned chickpeas with flour, coriander and cumin, then fries them. He loves popping them into his mouth while he's watching football.
More Tasty Snacks
Party Dips and Spreads
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Three 15-ounce cans chickpeas—drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil to 350°. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas with the coriander and cumin. Add the flour and toss until the chickpeas are coated; transfer to a sieve and tap off the excess flour.
- Add one-third of the chickpeas at a time to the hot oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until they are browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chickpeas to the paper towels to drain and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let the vegetable oil return to 350° between batches. Let the chickpeas cool, then transfer them to a bowl and serve.
Make AheadThe fried chickpeas can kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours.