- 2 pounds chicken wings, split
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- All-purpose flour for dredging, about 1 cup
- Vegetable oil (or other high flashpoint oil), for frying
How to make this recipe
Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge the wings in flour, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.
In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the oil to about 375°. Fry the chicken wings in small batches until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Shake off any excess oil and place on paper towels to drain. Continue frying the chicken in batches until all of the wings are cooked.
Serve the chicken wings warm with your favorite sauce.