Crispy Chicken Thighs with Golden Raisin Compote
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 Granny Smith applepeeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 6 ounce bone-in chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the squash, cover and cook over moderate heat until almost tender, 3 minutes. Add the shallot and cook for 1 minute. Add the apple, cinnamon and cayenne and cook for 1 minute. Add the raisins, wine, honey and thyme and cook until the wine is almost evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over high heat until the skin is crisp, 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 6 minutes, until cooked through; serve with the compote.
Edgy Wine Sherry-like white from France's Jura region.
Accessible Wine Honeyed Washington State Riesling.