- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 6 ounce bone-in chicken thighs
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the squash, cover and cook over moderate heat until almost tender, 3 minutes. Add the shallot and cook for 1 minute. Add the apple, cinnamon and cayenne and cook for 1 minute. Add the raisins, wine, honey and thyme and cook until the wine is almost evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
In an ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over high heat until the skin is crisp, 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 6 minutes, until cooked through; serve with the compote.
Buttered farro with chives.
Edgy Wine Sherry-like white from France's Jura region.
Accessible Wine Honeyed Washington State Riesling.