- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chile powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 pickled jalapeños, seeded and minced, plus 3 tablespoons jalapeño pickling liquid from the jar
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the vegetable oil and season liberally with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle the chicken wings with the ancho powder, chile powder and cayenne and toss to coat. Transfer the wings, skin side up, to 2 large rimmed baking sheets and bake them for about 45 minutes, until they are crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the sour cream with the minced jalapeños, the jalapeno pickling liquid and the chopped cilantro and season the dip with salt. Transfer the baked wings to a serving platter and serve at once with the jalapeño–sour cream dip.
The jalapeñosour cream dip can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.