Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- SERVINGS: 8
- 16 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 16 roasted almonds
- Scant 1/4 cup mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices of bacon (about 7 ounces), halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Cut a lengthwise slit in the dates. Stuff each one with an almond and about 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese. Pinch the dates closed. Wrap each date securely in a piece of bacon and arrange the dates, seam side down, on a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
- Bake the stuffed dates for about 20 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crisp; turn each date after 10 minutes. Serve the stuffed dates warm or at room temperature.
Make Ahead The stuffed dates can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for 1 day.