- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- One 6-ounce package falafel mix
- 2 pounds thin chicken cutlets
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 225°. In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the feta, olive oil, jalapeño and parsley. In a mini food processor, puree the tahini with the water, lemon juice and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a small bowl.
- Put the flour, beaten eggs and falafel mix in 3 shallow bowls. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Dip the chicken in the egg, then coat in the falafel mix.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil until shimmering. Working in batches, fry the chicken over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp, 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to an ovenproof platter; keep warm in the oven. Serve the chicken with the salad and sauce.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.