- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Eight 6-ounce, skin-on salmon fillets
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce—large leaves torn into bite-size pieces, small leaves left whole
- 2 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, tossing frequently, until golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. In a large bowl, whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the mayonnaise, lemon juice and orange juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. In a very large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over moderately high heat until shimmering. Add the salmon skin side down and cook until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes. Turn and cook the fillets until just pink in the center, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates.
- Add the Bibb lettuce, avocados and pine nuts to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Mound the salad next to the salmon and serve.
Lemon-creamy California Chardonnay.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.