Crisp Herb-Roasted Fingerlings with Scallions
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
After roasting the potatoes, you'll have leftover herb-scented olive oil; use it for sautéing meat or chicken.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 thyme sprigs
- 8 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes, garlic cloves and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Using kitchen string, tie the thyme and rosemary sprigs into a bundle and add it to the pan. Roast the potatoes for 40 minutes, or until tender and just beginning to brown. Let cool slightly. Drain the potatoes and garlic, reserving the oil; discard the herb bundle.
- Set the garlic cloves aside. Return the potatoes to the roasting pan, cut side down, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil. Roast for 15 minutes longer, until golden and crisp. Add the scallions and roast for 1 minute. Add the reserved garlic cloves and toss. Transfer to a platter and serve.