Crisp Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 5 1/2 DOZEN COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the cinnamon and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add 1 cup of the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. At low speed, beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix at low speed until a soft dough forms. Divide the dough in half and pat it into 2 disks. Wrap each disk in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling out.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each disk of dough 1/8 inch thick. Using 2-inch cookie cutters, stamp out shapes as close together as possible and arrange them on the prepared baking sheets. Lightly sprinkle the cookies with the additional sugar and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until crisp and light brown around the edges and on top; rotate the baking sheets once for even baking. Slide the parchment paper with the cookies onto a rack to cool.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.